North Greenville dropped its first match in 2020 with a final score of 6-1 in Spartanburg, South Carolina against the Spartans of USC Upstate. Larissa Berger was a bright spot for NGU as she took a match victory. Nikita Berger also put together a competitive match.
1. Larissa Berger (NGU) def. HELLBERG, Elin (UPST) 6-1, 1-6, 10-8
2. CEVALLOS, Gabriela (UPST) def. Nikita Berger (NGU) 6-1, 7-5
3. JARDIM, Maria (UPST) def. Jhovana Brena (NGU) 6-0, 6-1
4. VALENTINE, Morgan (UPST) def. Bethany Tankersley (NGU) 6-0, 6-0
5. ILLANES, Laura (UPST) def. Natalie Schnackenber (NGU) 6-0, 6-0
6. ARMANI, Roberta (UPST) def. Sarah Rafferty (NGU) 6-0, 6-0
1. HELLBERG, Elin/JARDIM, Maria (UPST) vs. Larissa Berger/Nikita Berger (NGU) 3-4, unfinished
2. CEVALLOS, Gabriela/VALENTINE, Morgan (UPST) def. Jhovana Brena/Bethany Tankersley (NGU) 6-0
3. ILLANES, Laura/MORNEAULT, Taylor (UPST) def. Natalie Schnackenber/Sarah Rafferty (NGU) 6-1
The Crusaders will face the University of North Carolina Asheville on Monday, February 24th in Asheville, North Carolina.