Crusaders fall to Belmont Abbey in Conference Carolinas action
Belmont – North Greenville men’s lacrosse suffered its fourth straight loss on Wednesday at the hands of Belmont Abbey.
- Score: Crusaders – 3 / Crusaders (BAC – 14
- Records: North Greenville 6 – 8 (2 – 3) / Belmont Abbey 9 – 4 (4 – 1)
- Location: Alumni Field (Belmont Abbey College)
How it Happened
- Abbey jumped out to a large first-half lead, scoring nine unanswered goals to put the Crusaders in a 9 – 0 hole.
- NGU got its first goal of the game with 17-seconds left in the second period when Matt Somjak cut the deficit to eight.
- BAC added a 10th goal in the third period with a score that made it 10 – 1 but Alex Proly quickly responded with a goal that cut it back to eight goals.
- Ethan Landreth answered another Belmont score with his only goal of the game which made it 11 – 3 with 6:11 left in the game.
- The Crusaders from Belmont Abbey added three more scores though while holding North Greenville’s offense scoreless in the final 17 – minutes of gameplay to keep pace in the Conference Carolinas race.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Alex Proly finished the game with one goal and also collected a pair of ground balls.
- Logan Bryant had a team-high six groundballs while Austin Zumbado and Derrick Shealy added two grounders each.
- Braeden Dixon finished the game with 22 – saves on the day.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders face a crucial conference showdown with Chowan on Saturday at 1 PM in a match that will help decide Conference Carolinas Tournament seeding.