Young Harris, GA – Austin Dixon and Alex Proly combined for four goals on Saturday but the Young Harris Lions inched out a two-point win over the Crusaders in non-conference action.
- Score: Crusaders – 10 / Lions – 12
- Records: North Greenville 6 – 5 / Young Harris 10 – 3
- Location: Young Harris College (Young Harris Georgia)
How it Happened
- North Greenville led 3 – 2 in the final minutes. Alex Proly got the day started for NGU with goals from Austin Dixon and Chris Wieckhorst to follow.
- The Lions evened the score at three with just 17 – seconds left on the first quarter clock when Nolan Moon scored his first of the game.
- The Lions took the lead in the second period with a pair of scores. Dixon’s second of the first half earned NGU the brief advantage but Moon evened it up at 4 – 4 with his second while Bevan Pate earned the Lions a 5 – 4 lead at intermission.
- The two-second period goals sparked a 5 – 0 run from the Lions which extended into the third period and put North Greenville in an 8 – 5 ditch.
- The Crusaders scored their first second-half goal and first in almost 20 – minutes of game clock when Hunter Burgett made it 8 – 5 with 8:08 left in the third.
- Burgett’s score ignited NGU’s offensive attack. Derrick Shealy scored a second straight for the Crusaders while Ethan Landreth and Blake Thompson also got in on the action as NGU evened it at 8 – 8 with 11:42 left in the game.
- After the Lions made it 10 – 8, Bryant and Alex Proly score back-to-back goals to pull NGU even for the second time in the fourth.
- The Lions found just enough offense in the final five minutes of the game tacking on a pair of goals including one in the final 20 – seconds of the game to put North Greenville away.
- The Lions took an 11 – 10 lead with 5:01 left in the game. North Greenville had a few chances to pull even but shots from Dixon and Proly sailed wide and a final chance with 32 – seconds left in the game fell flat after an NGU turnover.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Proly and Dixon led North Greenville with a pair of scores.
- Six others players scored one for North Greenville including Logan Bryant who led North Greenville with four ground balls.
- Bryant also won 10 faceoffs for the Crusaders.
- Braeden Dixon was assigned the loss in the net for the Crusaders but collected 14 – saves.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders head to Gaffney to take on perennial Conference Carolinas Champion Limestone College at 7 pm on April 11th.