Crusaders thump Emmanuel to earn first conference win
Tigerville, S.C. - North Greenville bounced back on Saturday afternoon from a tough road trip to take down Emmanuel College 19 - 5.
- Score: Crusaders - 19 / Lions - 5
- Records: North Greenville 5 - 4 (1 - 0) / Emmanuel 0 - 10 (0 - 1)
- Location: Pepsi Stadium (Tigerville, South Carolina)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders struggled to wake up early on but overcame a slow first quarter to take a sizeable lead. Ethan Landreth and Corey Long scored twice while Chris Carpenter added a fifth goal to make it 5 - 0 with 13:59 left in the first half.
- Emmanuel answered with a pair of second-quarter goals but NGU added three more including another score by Carpenter and also Landreth to take an 8 - 2 lead before halftime.
- North Greenville took an even bigger lead in the second half with nine unanswered scores powered by two from Austin Zumbado to take a 17 - 2 advantage.
- The Lions scored three straight to cut into NGU's large advantage but Tristan Tuttle and Kenny Wessels added scores to put NGU over the top, responding to two goals from the Lions.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Dillon Loyd had a big day for North Greenville as he scored his first collegiate goal.
- Landreth led the overall offensive charge with four scores while Carpenter finished with three. Carpenter also led the team with four assists while Corey Long added three.
- Zach Randolph caused three turnovers to lead the team to go along with a pair of ground balls. Logan Bryant led the Crusaders with eight grounders on the day.
- Braeden Dixon earned the win playing 30-minutes finishing with one save.
- North Greenville finished with 57 total shots including 34 shots on frame.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders look to earn their second league win of the year with Lees-McRae coming to town on March 28th at 4 pm.