Tampa, FL - The North Greenville Crusaders put up a fight, but the Tampa Spartans showed why they are ranked 3rd in the country with a 15-5 victory. Chris Carpenter had a standout performance with three goals and five total shots.
- Score: NGU – 5 / Tampa – 15
- Records: NGU 3-2 / TU 5-0
- Location: Tampa, Florida (Naimoli Family Field)
How it Happened
- Tampa was first on the board with a goal five minutes into the game.
- Chris Carpenter tied the game with his first goal of the game with 3:30 remaining in the first quarter.
- The Spartans closed the first quarter out with two goals within the final minute.
- It was more of the same in the second quarter with three goals scored for Tampa and one goal scored for the Crusaders. Carpenter scored the lone goal for NGU in the second with an assist by Alex Proly.
- NGU struck first in the third with Carpenter's third goal of the game. Austin Dixon was credited with an assist.
- Tampa would take the remainder of the quarter with four goals scored.
- The Spartans scored the first three goals in the fourth quarter before Hunter Burgett added a goal for North Greenville.
- After two additional goals by Tampa, Corey Long scored the final goal of the game with less than a minute remaining.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Chris Carpenter had a solid performance with 3 goals. Of his 5 total shots, 4 were on goal.
- Hunter Burgett was able to get 3 shots off with 1 resulting in a goal.
- Alex Proly recorded 6 shots and an assist.
Inside the Tampa Box Score
- scored 3 goals. He recorded 6 total shots and an assist.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will head to Irmo High School to face the Palm Beach Atlantic Sailfish on Wednesday, March 7 at 4:30 PM.