Greeneville, TN – North Greenville earned its second road win of the season on Saturday with a closely contested 10 – 9 win over Tusculum College.
- Score: NGU – 10 / TC – 9
- Record: North Greenville 3 – 1 / Tusculum 1 – 2
- Location: Pioneer Field (Tusculum College)
How it Happened
- Tusculum opened the scored with a goal four minutes into the game.
- North Greenville answered with three consecutive scores including a pair from Chris Carpenter to make it 3 – 1 with 7:17 left in the first.
- Tusculum evened it up at three and outscored North Greenville 3 – 2 in the final minutes of the first half to take a 6 – 5 edge into halftime.
- The Pioneers tacked on another goal in the third period with 9:44 before the fourth quarter.
- NGU responded swiftly, scoring four unanswered goals including Chris Carpenter’s third of the game with an assist from Derrick Shealy to earn the Crusaders a 9 – 7 edge.
- The Pioneers scored the next two goals in the fourth quarter to even it up at nine but Alex Proly came up with the big shot, scoring the go ahead goal with 38-seconds left on the clock.
- Logan Bryant locked up the ensuing faceoff allowing the Crusaders to run out the clock to improve to 3 – 1 on the season.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Chris Carpenter finished with four goals on the day and a pair of assists to lead North Greenville offense.
- Logan Bryant finished with two goals and was 15-21 in face-offs with a team high nine groundballs.
- Braeden Dixon improved to 3 -1 as the starting keeper and accounted for nine saves in the net.
Inside the Tusculum Box Score
- Liam McDonald led the Pioneers with a pair of scores.
Next Time out
- The Crusaders will take a road trip to Florida to take on the University of Tampa on March 3rd at 1 pm.