North Greenville Falls in Semifinals
WILSON, N.C. - North Greenville's season ended with semifinals lost to Belmont Abbey in a four-set match (25-17 / 25-17 / 24-26 / 25-23).
- Score: Belmont Abbey - 3 / North Greenville - 1
- Location: Wilson, N.C. (Wilson Gymnasium)
- Records: BAC 17-11 / NGU 20-10
How it Happened
- Set one saw a total of 4 tied scores and 3 lead changes as BAC took the first set of the night 25-17. A kill by Mackenzie Chrapliwy gave Belmont Abbey an 11-7 lead, forcing North Greenville to take their first time out of the set. NGU later went on a 5-0 run to tight it up at 15-15, but BAC was able to go up by two and never gave up the lead again. A service ace by Sarah Kenney gave BAC the set win.
- BAC took an early 3-1 lead in set two, but NGU went on a 5-0 run to tie it up at 16 apiece. Belmont Abbey then went on a 3-0 run to take a 19-16 lead forcing North Greenville to call the timeout. After the timeout, BAC continued their run to go up 24-16 before getting a final kill by Brianna Morgheim to get a 25-17 set win.
- Belmont Abbey carried their momentum into the third set taking a 6-3 lead early in the third set. BAC started on another 5-0 run to start the match, but a pair of blocks by Brittany Tepedino tied it up at 16-16. A final 4-0 run by Belmont Abbey gave them the match win.
The Good Guys
- Kenzie Pierce led NGU with 12-kills to go along with her 7-digs and 3 block assists.
- Courtney Williams hit an impressive .318 for the match and had a double-double with 10-kills and 11-digs.
- Sara Miller dished out 35-assists and 11-digs.
- Johna Robbins added 23-digs.
The Other Team
- Mackenzie Chrapliwy led all players with 17-kills, while Brianna Morgheim added 12-kills and Cassidy Bonito added 10-kills.
- Sarah Kenney finished with 26 digs and Mackenzie Chrapliwy with 21 digs.