TIGERVILLE, S.C. – North Greenville women's volleyball defeated Mount Olive in straight set in the Conference Carolinas Quater Finals to keep their season alive (25-16 / 25-14 / 25-22).
- Score: North Greenville – 3 Mount Olive - 0
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina (Hayes Gymnasium)
- Records: NGU 20-9 (11-4 CC) / UMO 10-19 (5-9 CC)
How it Happened
- Mount Olive started the game with a 3-0 run in the first set, but North Greenville went on a 6-0 to go up 6-3. A kill by Britni Johnson brought the Trojans to within five, 16-11. Hard-serving by Sara Miler, helped the Crusaders to go on another 5-0 run to go up 21-11. A block by Annie Beisecker and Brittany Tepedino gave NGU a 25-16 set win.
- The Crusaders carried their momentum into the second set going on a 5-2 run to start the set led by a pair of kills from Annie Beisecker. Kenzie Pierce and Annie Beisecker led the Crusaders hitting .400 for the set. A service error by Kaitlin Grote gave the Crusaders a 25-14 set win to go up two sets to none.
- NGU was off to another 5-2 start, but UMO was able to fight back to tie it up at nine apiece forcing North Greenville to call their first timeout of the game. The Crusaders went on a 4-0 after the timeout to take a 13-11 lead. A final kill by Brittany Tepedino gave NGU the match win.
The Good Guys
- Kenzie Pierce led the Crusader with a double-double of 10-kills and 10-digs, to go along with 3 service aces.
- Katie McManaway, Courtney Williams, and Brittany Tepedino all finished with 6-kills.
- Three Crusaders passed in the double digits with Johna Robbins leading the pack with 15 and Sara Miller added 12-digs.
- Sara Miller aced the Trojans an impressive 5 times, to go along with her 28 assists.
The Other Team
- Britni Johnson led all players with 12-kills and 12-digs.
- Cyerra Carter and Kaitlin Grote added 7-kills for the Trojans.
- Kamber Skeen dished out 24-assists.
- Casey Fiechter finished with 11-digs.
Next Time Out
- The Crusader move on to the final four of the Conference Carolinas Tournament. They are set to play the winner of Belmont Abbey and Limestone on Saturday, November 11 at 5:00 pm.