Crusaders Top Panthers
Tigerville, S.C. – North Greenville extended their win streak to three games, defeating Clark Atlanta in five sets (19-25 / 23-25 / 25-20 / 25-12 / 18-16).
- Score: North Greenville – 3 Clark Atlanta - 2
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina
- Records: NGU 17-9 / CAU 11-11
How it Happened
- Set one saw a total of 8 tied scores as Ashley Elmore led the Panthers to a 25-19 set win. With the scored tied at 14, the Panthers went on a 5-1 run led by a tough serve by Brittani Brown. A final kill by Tyler Williams gave the Panthers the final set point
- Set two was a hard-fought set with a total of 12 tie scores and 6 lead changes. The Panthers started the set hot, taking an early 5-1 lead. A kill by Emma Pepper tied it up at 10 apiece. After trading points for the remainder of the set, the Panthers took a 24-23 lead, with a final kill by Brittany Dancy.
- Brittany Tepedino led North Greenville to a 25-20 set three win hitting .400 with 5-kills. The Crusader led for the majority of the match. A service ace by Alexis Williams brought the Panthers within three points, 20-23, but an attacking error by Taylor Prude gave NGU the set win.
- Tough serving by the Crusaders gave them a 25-12 set win to tie it up at two sets apiece. NGU had a total of 4 service aces in the set.
- The Crusaders tough serving continued onto the fifth set as two service aces by Sara Miller gave them an early 5-0 lead. The Panthers then went on a 7-0 run to take a 14-13 lead. Two kills by Katie McManaway and an attacking error by Tyler Williams gave NGU the match win.
The Good Guys
- Brittany Tepedion had a season-high of 16-kills as she led all players.
- Katie McManaway added 14-kills, while Emma Pepper added a career-high of 13 kills.
- Freshman Rachel Miller also had a career-high of 10-kills.
- Sara Miller dished out 52-assists along with 4 service aces.
The Other Team
- Ashley Elmore led the Panthers with 14-kills, Tyler Williams added 10-kills.
- Sierra Nelson handed out 35-assists.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders go on the road on Wednesday for a non-conference matchup at Truett McConnell University. This will be the first time the Crusaders face the Bears this season.