North Greenville Women's Volleyball Defeat Belmont Abbey on Dig Pink Night
Tigerville, S.C. – North Greenville came back from being down two sets to win a five-set thriller over Belmont Abbey (24-26 / 20-25 / 25-29 / 25-18 / 15-12).
- Score: NGU – 3 Belmont Abbey – 2
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina
- Records: NGU 16-9 (10-4) / Belmont Abbey 13-9- (7-4)
How it Happened
- North Greenville began Set 1 with a strong defensive performance, including three straight blocks that resulted in points.
- NGU led for the vast majority of the set, but Belmont Abbey kept it close and was able to even up the set at 24.
- Two straight kills by BAC gave them the set 26-24.
- The Abbey had the first run in Set 2, taking a 14-8 lead.
- North Greenville was able to cut the deficit down to one, but Belmont Abbey would pull away from there and hang on to take the second set 25-20.
- Set 3 would see NGU lead nearly the entire way. With the set tied at six, North Greenville took the lead back.
- Although BAC put together a rally near the end of the set, North Greenville was able to put the set away, winning it 25-19.
- NGU continued to fight through the fourth set. The score remained close until the middle of the set when North Greenville was finally able to pull away, and eventually won 25-18 to force a fifth set.
- Set 5 proved to be just as competitive as the previous sets. Belmont Abbey took an 8-7 lead halfway through the set, but North Greenville came back to take the final match point.
The Good Guys
- Courtney Williamson led North Greenville with 12-kills, while Katie McManaway added 11-kills.
- Brittany Tepedino hit an impressive .450 for the night with 10 kills to go along with 2 block solos and 3 block assists.
- Kenzie Pierce and Annie Beisecker both added another 9-kills each for North Greenville.
- Sara Miller dished out 47 assists.
- Johna Robbins had 24-digs, while Kenzie Pierce had 20.
The Other Guys
- Setter Cassidy Bonito had an impressive attacking night with 14 kills to go along with her 45 assists.
- Mackenzie Chrapllwy led all players with 16 kills.
- North Greenville has a quick turn around as they host Clark Atlanta tomorrow at 2pm in Hayes Gymnasium. The Crusaders defeated the Panthers in straight sets earlier this year.