Crusaders down the Flying Fleet in straight sets
Due West, S.C. – North Greenville volleyball downed Erskine College in straight sets (25-22 / 25-20 / 25-23).
- Score: NGU – 3 Erskine – 0
- Location: Due West, South Carolina
- Records: NGU 15-9 (9-4) / Erskine 2-18 (1-11)
How It Happened
- North Greenville fell behind 6-1 early in the first set. A 4-0 run and a kill by Katie McManaway tied it up at 12. A service error by Rebecca Massengill and a kill by Samantha Hebb gave the Crusaders a 25-22 set win. Katie McManaway finished the set with 6-kills hitting .545 for the set.
- Erskine was off to another 3-0 run to start the second set, with a pair of kills by Faith Grant. Two attacking errors by Kristen Kaiser gave the Crusaders a 9-8 lead and never gave it up. A kill by Courtney Williamson won the set for the Crusaders, 25-20.
- The Crusaders came out swinging the third set, taking an early 7-1 lead led by a pair of kills by Courtney Williamson. A kill Faith Grant brought the Flying Fleet within one, 24-23, but Katie McManaway gave the Crusaders the match win.
The Good Guys
- Katie McManaway finished with a game-high 15-kills, hitting .387 for the match.
- Samantha Hebb added 10-kills, while Courtney Williamson added 9-kills with an impressive .467 hitting percentage.
- Annie Beisecker had 8-kills to go along with 3-blocks.
- Sara Miller dished out 37-assist and one block assist.
- Johna Robbins led the Crusaders with 13-digs.
The Other Team
- Faith Grant and Kayla Duncan finished with double-digit kills with 13 and 10.
- Maddie Wilson finished with 29-assist.
- Rachel Meyer and Katie Blitch finished with 11-digs apiece.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville returns home on Friday as they take on Belmont Abbey in the battle of the Crusaders. First serve is set for 7pm in Hayes Gymnasium.