Springs, GA – Freshman Katie McManaway had 17-kills along with 10-digs, but it wasn't enough as the Crusaders fell in four sets to the Emmanuel College Lions (23-25 / 26-24 / 30-28 / 25-17).
- Score: Emmanuel - 3 / NGU - 1
- Location: Springs, Georgia
- Records: Emmanuel 13-9 (9-2) / North Greenville 14-9 (8-4)
How it Happened
- In the first set, the Crusaders were out to an early 12-8 lead, but an attacking error by Katie McManaway tied it up at 12 apiece. The Lions were able to take a 17-14 lead before, the Crusaders went on a 6-0 run led by a couple of kills from Samantha Hebb to take a 19-17. A final kill by Katie McManaway gave North Greenville a 25-23 set win.
- North Greenville took an early 4-1 lead in set two, but the Lions fought back to a 13-10 lead from four kills by Julie de Blanck. A kill by Emma Pepper gave the Crusaders a 22-19 lead late in the set. Two kills by Jessica Gray gave the Lions a 26-24 set win to tie the game a one set win apiece.
- Set three saw 18 tie scores and 11 lead changes as Emmanuel College took a 30-28 set win to go up 2-1 in the match. After being down 15-19, the Crusaders fought back to take a 21-20 lead with a solo block by Katie McManaway. A costly service error by Brittany Tepedino and a kill by Guro Key Froberg gave the Lions the final two points of the set.
- In the final set of the night, the Crusaders were off to another 4-1 start, but the Lions once again fought back to take a 7-6 lead that they never gave up. A kill by Brittany Tepedino brought the Crusaders within four, 20-16, but a kill by Jessica Gray and a service ace by Jenna Woodruff gave the Lions the match win.
The Good Guys
- Sara Miller finished the game with 41-assists and 13 digs.
- Johna Robbins and Mikaila Linnens also had double-digit digs with 18 and 14 respectively.
- Samantha Hebb had double-digit kills with 13.
The Other Team
- Julie de Blanck led all players with 19-kills.
- Stephanie Hardy had a game-high of 55-assists and 6 block assists.
- Jessica Gray and Guro Key Froberg had 18 and 14 kills.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders look to bounce back as they travel to Due West, SC to take on the Flying Fleet of Erskine tomorrow at 2pm. North Greenville defeated Erskine 3-1 just two weeks ago.