Central, S.C. – Setter, Sara Miller, sets a new single-match record of 63, as North Greenville defeated Southern Wesleyan in five sets (25-22 / 26-24 / 15-25 / 22-25 / 16-14).
- Score: NGU 3 – Southern Wesleyan 2
- Location: Central, South Carolina
- Records: NGU 14-7 (8-3) / Southern Wesleyan 12-8 (7-3)
How it Happened
- A couple of kills by Paige O'Connor gave the Warriors an early 5-10 lead. A kill by Katie McManaway tied it up at 21-21, as the Crusaders were able to go on a 6-1 run at the end of set one to steal a 25-22 win.
- Set two saw a total of 13 tie scores and 5 lead changes. Crucial attacking errors by the Warriors' Oliva Johnson and a final kill by Samantha Hebb give the Crusaders a 26-24 win.
- In set three, the Warriors were able to string together a couple of 3-0 runs and a 6-0 run to get their first set win of the night, 15-25.
- Southern Wesleyan tied the game up at two sets apiece winning set four, 22-25. Paige O'Connor led the Warriors hitting .385 for the set.
- In the final set of the match, there were ten tie scores and five lead changes, as the Crusaders took a 16-14 set win to win the match. A kill by Samantha Hebb gave the Crusaders a 15-14 win, and then an attack error Oliva Johnson gave the Crusaders the final point of the match.
The Good Guys
- Sara Miller's 63 assist sets a new single-match assist record. She beats out the old record of 58 assists set by Abby Frame and Madison Pogue.
- Middle Blocker, Kenzie Pierce, led all players with 22 kills hitting .327 for the match. She also added 14 digs and three solo blocks.
- Johan Robbins had a career high of 32 digs for the match.
- Three other Crusaders hit double-digit kills: Katie McManaway (17), Samantha Hebb (14), and Annie Beisecker (12).
The Other Guys
- Paige O'Connor led the Warriors with 20 kills, along with 7 digs.
- Olivia Johnson added 13 kills to go along with 4 solo blocks.
- Katie Anderson had 22 digs.
- The Crusaders travel to Emmanuel College on Friday for a crucial conference game. First-serve set for 7pm.