Career Night for Beisecker Helps The Crusaders Take Down the Saints
Tigerville, S.C. – North Greenville take down the Saints of Limestone College in a hard-fought four-set game (25-16 / 25-27 / 25-23 / 25-17).
- Score: NGU 3 – Limestone – 1
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina
- Records: NGU 13-7 (7-3) / Limestone 3-9 (3-5)
How it Happened
- North Greenville was led by Annie Beisecker’s 4 kills and .800 hitting percentage in the first set, as the Crusaders took a 25-16 win. A kill by Annie Beisecker started a 7-0 run for the team. Later in the set, the Saints went on a 3-0 run to bring the score to 21-15, but a service error by Rycki Ebert gave the Crusaders the set win.
- Set two saw a total of 13 ties and 8 lead changes, as the Saints took a 27-25 win to tie the game at one set apiece. The Saints were led Kylie Moyer who hit .667 for the set with 6 kills. A kill by Victoria Norwood and an attacking error by Katie McManaway gave the Saints the final two points of the set.
- The Saints had a hot start to the third set as they went on a 5-0 run. A service ace by Kelsey Shannon and a take error Aidan Rohrer brought the Crusaders within one, 10-11. The final half of the set saw eight tie scores, but a service ace by Kenzie Pierce and a kill by Samantha Hebb gave the Crusaders a 25-23 win.
- The final set of the night had 9 ties and 3 lead changes, as the Crusader took the set 25-17 to win the match. Two final kills by Samantha Hebb gave the Crusaders the win.
The Good Guys
- Katie McManaway led the Crusaders 15-kills, hitting .310 for the night.
- Annie Beisecker had herself a career night with 12-kills, hitting .476.
- Kenzie Pierce had 10-kills, leaving her only 27 kills till she reaches the 1,000 mark.
- Sarah Miller dished out 40-assists with six digs.
- Johna Robbins led the Crusaders with 15-digs defensively.
The Other Guys
- Kylie Moyer led all players with 19-kills, hitting .621.
- KayCee Tessitore and Erin Kennedy split the defensive duties for the Saints with 12-digs apiece.
- Mia Bergan handed out 25-assists.
- The Crusaders travel to Southern Wesleyan on Saturday for another tri-match against the Warriors and Francis Marion set to start at noon.