Crusaders down the Cavs in Straight Sets
Tigerville, S.C. – The Crusaders bounced back from a loss in their first game of the day defeating the University of Virginia Wise in straight sets (25-6 / 25-19 / 27-25).
- Score: NGU – 3 / University of Virginia Wise - 0
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina
- Records: NGU 12-7 / UVA-Wise 4-14
How it Happened
- The first set was full of Crusaders runs as Katie McManaway served for 7 points straight and then Kenzie Pierce served the final 8 points of the set.
- The Cavs went on a 6-1 run in the middle of the set two to tie it at 11, but a kill by Katie McManaway gave the Crusaders a 12-11 lead. An attack error by Eustaica Smith gave the Crusaders the final point of the set.
- Set three saw a total of 13 ties, but a kill by Samantha Hebb and Courtney Williamson gave the Crusaders the win.
The Good Guys
- Samantha Hebb led the Crusaders with 9-kills. Courtney Williamson and Kenzie Pierce each had 8-kills. Williamson finished with a game-high hitting percentage of .500.
- Eaden Shockley handed out 30 assists as she took over setter duties for the game.
- Kelsey Shannon led with 12-digs, while Courtney Williamson added 10-digs.
The Other Team
- Ciara Kain finished the night with a double-double with 11-kills and 12-digs.
- Eustaica Smith had 10-kills and 7 errors.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will host Limestone College on Tuesday at 7:00pm in Hayes Gymnasium. The first time these two teams met this season, the Crusaders came from behind to win in five sets.