Streak snapped as NGU taken down by Emmanuel
Tigerville, S.C. – The Crusaders’ six-game win streak was snapped by the Emmanuel College Lions as they fell in straight sets (25-20/ 25-19/ 25-15).
- Score: Emmanuel – 3 / NGU - 0
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina
- Records: Emmanuel 9-7 (6-2) / NGU 11-7 (6-3)
How it Happened
- The Lions went on a 4-0 run to break up an early even first set. A block by Mia McKensey and Guro Key Froberg gave the Lions a 16-15 lead that was never lost.
- Late in set two, the Lions went on a 7-point run that was lead by Stephanie Hardy’s three service aces. A final kill by Julie de Blanck gave the Lions a 25-19 win.
- The third set had a total of six service aces for the Lions. Three service aces by Julie de Blanck and a kill by Jessica Gray gave the Lions the final points of the match.
The Good Guys
- Samantha Hebb led the Crusaders with 9-kills for the night. Kenzie Pierce added 8-kills, while Annie Beisecker had 7-kills and Katie McManaway with 6-kills.
- Sara Miller added 28 assists to her season total of 660 assists.
- Mikailia Linnes and Kenzie Pierce finished the game with 10 digs apiece.
The Other Team
- Julie de Blanck led all players with 14-kills to go along with her 3 service aces. Guro Key Froberg added 7-kills with a game-high hitting percentage of .429.
- Stephanie Hardy and Aysha Avery both contributed to the Lions 12 total service aces with 3 a piece.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will host Limestone College on Tuesday at 7:00pm in Hayes Gymnasium. The first time these two teams met this season, the Crusaders came from behind to win in five sets.