Gaffney, S.C. – Three players were in double-digit kills and Sara Miller dished out three aces, helping North Greenville to a 3-2 (22-25 / 20-25 / 25-23 / 26-24 / 15-13) win over Limestone College.
- Score: NGU – 3 / Limestone – 2
- Location: Gaffney, South Carolina
- Records: NGU 9-6 (5-2) / Limestone 2-8 (2-4)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders dropped each of the first two sets to the Saints by scores of 25-22 and 25-20. NGU bounced back in the third set to cut the Saints lead to 2-1 in the frame but had to come from behind to do it.
- An 18-12 Limestone lead was quickly erased as kills from Kenzie Pierce and Samantha Hebb paired with four errors from Limestone evened it at 18. North Greenville went on to take a 23-21 lead on a kill from Brittany Tepedino and fended off a late Saints rally to take the win. Katie McManaway would put the finishing touches on the frame with a pair of kills.
- It would take extra points to decide the third set. North Greenville trailed 24-21 but a kill from Pierce would cut the deficit to two. The Crusaders would go on to score the next five points with more help from the Saints to even the set tally at 2-2.
- The deciding set came down to the wire as well. North Greenville trailed 12-10 but used four consecutive scores including three from Samantha Hebb to move in front 14-12. The Saints added one more point on an NGU error but Hebb finished the frame off with her fifth kill to earn NGU a second straight Conference Carolinas road win.
The Good Guys
- The Crusaders had three players in double-digits including Samantha Hebb who had 18-kills on the day including five in the final set. Kenzie Pierce finished with 14-kills while Katie McManaway finished the day with 11.
- Three defenders also had double-digit digs led by Taylor Waters who had 21. Johna Robbins finished the day with 15 stops while Sara Miller had 14-digs to go along with 44-assists for the team’s only double-double.
- Pierce also had a pair of service aces to go along with Miller’s three.
The Other Team
- Darla Svoboda had 15-kills for the Saints while Victoria Norwood finished with 14. Rycki Ebert had 13.
- Mia Bergan had 27 assists for the Saints.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will travel to Atlanta, Georgia to take on Clark Atlanta on October 3rd at 6 pm.