Mount Olive, N.C. – Samantha Hebb knocked down 11-kills while Kenzie Pierce had nine and 16-digs to lead the defense as NGU cruised to a 3-0 (25-18 / 25-18 / 25-16) win over Mount Olive.
- Score: NGU – 3 Mount Olive – 0
- Location: Mount Olive, North Carolina
- Records: NGU – 6-6 (3-2) / 6-7 (3-1)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders took the lead early and never trailed in the first set, leading by as many six points. The Trojans clawed back to cut the lead to two points with a kill from Cyerra Carter made it 17-15 but a Carter error sparked a 5-1 run which extended NGU’s lead to 22-16.
- Mount Olive jumped out to a big lead in the second frame using back-to-back attack errors by NGU to take a 6-1 lead. The Crusaders began to inch back when a kill from Sara Miller made it 7-5 in favor of the Trojans.
- The Crusaders evened the score a couple times midway through but a kill from Samantha Hebb and a Pierce service ace would give North Greenville a 15-13 advantage. NGU would pad the lead late when a Tepedino ace extended the lead to 23-16. Pierce and Miller would account for the final two points of the set to give NGU a 2-0 lead.
- The momentum from the set two comebacks would carry over into the third as NGU secured a four-point advantage at 8-4. NGU began to overpower the Trojans late in the set as the once four-point lead ballooned to eight when another kill from Hebb made it 22-14.
- Mount Olive would tack on two more points in the final frame of the day but a pair of errors by the Trojans would help earn NGU the 25-16 victory.
The Good Guys
- Sara Miller finished the game with 35-assists to lead all players.
- Taylor Waters and Johna Robbins also had double-digit digs with 12 and 10 respectively.
The Other Team
- Britni Johnson finished the game with 12-kills for the Trojans while Kamber Skeen had 31-assists and 12-digs.
- Casey Fiechter finished the game with 18-digs to lead all players.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will travel to Orangeburg, South Carolina for a 6 pm first serve with Claflin College.