Crusaders Fall to Barton in Three Sets
Wilson, N.C. – The North Greenville Crusaders dropped a Friday night conference match to the Barton Bulldogs in three sets.
- Score: NGU – 0 Barton – 3
- Location: Wilson, North Carolina
- Records: NGU – 5-6 (2-2) / Barton – 7-6 (3-0)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders led 3-2 in the first set. However, Barton would score nine of the next ten points to go up in the set 11-4.
- North Greenville fought back, scoring five of the next six points to make the score 13-9 in favor of the Bulldogs.
- From there, Barton would take over, ultimately winning the set 25-14.
- In a much more competitive second set, both teams would find themselves even halfway through the set with a score of 13-13.
- Both teams would continue to fight to a 22-22 tie when Barton scored the final three points in the set to go up 2-0 in the match.
- Set 3 looked like it would be dominated by the Bulldogs early on, taking a 13-4 lead.
- A fierce North Greenville comeback would even up the set at 13-13.
- Momentum continued to move back and forth. After Barton scored four points in a row, the Crusaders then scored three in a row.
- The momentum ended with the Bulldogs, who scored five of the last six points of the set to take the match.
The Good Guys
- Samantha Hebb led the way with 10 kills and 19 total attacks.
- Sara Miller led the team in assists with 15 and digs with 5.
- Kenzie Pierce recorded 2 service aces.
The Other Team
- Kaytlin Elkins led Barton in kills with 12 and total attacks with 19.
- Haley Headley also had a solid day with 8 kills and 12 total attacks.
- Angelica Acevedo recorded 22 assists.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will continue their stretch of road games as they head to Mount Olive, NC to face the Trojans tomorrow at 2:00 PM.