Wingate, N.C. – The North Greenville Crusaders fell to the Wingate Bulldogs in four sets tonight in Wingate, N.C. The match was agreed upon as a result of the cancelled tournament in St. Augustine, FL due to Hurricane Irma.
- Score: NGU – 1 WIN - 3
- Location: Wingate, N.C.
- Records: NGU 3-4 / WIN 6-0
How it Happened
- The Crusaders made a strong statement in an opening set that went back and forth. Down 24-20, Wingate fought back to get within one point of NGU. A kill by Katie McManaway finally ended the set 25-23 and put the Crusaders up 1-0 in the match.
- Set 2 proved to be one-sided as Wingate scored eight of the first ten points of the set. Wingate would increase their lead thoughout the set, and eventually won it 25-14.
- It appeared that North Greenville would play a much more competitive third set, scoring three of the first four points. However, Wingate would thoroughly dominate the remainder of the set, and would go on to win 25-7.
- After a slow start, the Crusaders fought back to play a much more competitive Set 4. However, Wingate would take the set in the end 25-18 as well as the match.
The Good Guys
- Samantha Hebb led the way with 11 kills and 38 total attacks.
- Kenzie Pierce finished the match right behind Hebb in kills with ten. Pierce also had two service aces.
- Sara Miller finished the match with 35 assists.
The Other Team
- Katie Bludau finished with a team-leading 16 kills and 31 total attacks.
- Rachel Alles had a strong night, finishing with 46 assists and 15 digs.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders open up conference play against the Converse Valkyries Tuesday, September 12th at 7:00 PM.