Crusaders cruise to straight sets win over Columbia
Tigerville, S.C. – North Greenville volleyball cruised to its second consecutive win, downing Columbia College 3-0 (25-4 / 25-13 / 25-14).
- Score: NGU – 3 Columbia – 0
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina
- Records: NGU 2-3 / Columbia 0-4
How it Happened
- North Greenville fell behind 1-0 after the opening serve but embarked on a 7-0 run sparked by two service aces from Sara Miller and a set of kills including two by Samantha Hebb.
- The Crusaders would go on to win the opening set 25-4 with the help of six kills from Samantha Hebb and six aces from the service line.
- The Koalas warmed up in the second frame, trailing 10-9 after an NGU error. North Greenville regrouped and responded eight unanswered points to take an 18-9 lead.
- A kill from Katie McManaway would put the game away for NGU, which claimed a 25-13 victory and a 2-0 lead in the set count.
- North Greenville stormed out to an 8-2 lead in the third set forcing a Converse timeout. The Koalas cut the NGU lead late in the match with a 5-0 run using NGU errors to help the cause.
- North Greenville broke the streak with a kill to make the score 18-10 but the Koalas cut the lead to just six later in the match.
- The Crusaders halted the momentum though when a Hebb kill made it 20-13.
- Columbia added a point on an NGU error but Kelsey Shannon added a service ace to make it 23-14 while two errors from Columbia earned NGU the 25-14 win.
The Good Guys
- Samantha Hebb led the Crusaders with nine kills on the night.
- Emma Pepper had a solid night as well, knocking down six kills with a perfect 1.000 hitting percentage.
- Sara Miller dished out 34-assists with a team high, three aces and eight digs defensively.
- North Greenville finished the game with a season high 10-aces including two from Eaden Shockley and Kelsey Shannon.
The Other Team
- Taylor Rawl led the Koalas with four kills.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will be back in Hayes Gymnasium tomorrow night to take on Claflin University at 6 pm.