North Greenville downs UNC Pembroke in straight sets
Tigerville, S.C. – Women's volleyball picked up its first win of the season on Saturday with a 3-0 win over UNC Pembroke.
- Score: NGU – 3 UNCP - 0
- Location: Newberry, South Carolina
- Records: NGU 1-3 / UNCP 0-4
How it Happened
- The Crusaders made their first win of the season look convincing, with wins of 25-16, 25-13, and 25-21.
- A 15-13 lead in the opening frame quickly ballooned as the Crusaders scored seven of the next nine points to take a 22-15 advantage.
- Annie Beisecker and Katie McManaway would pound out a pair of kills to go along with an attack error from the Braves to take the first set win.
- NGU took a 21-12 lead in the second frame on a kill from Samantha Hebb.
- The Crusaders would get some help from the Braves to help wrap up the 2-0 set lead with a service and attack error, which served as the set point.
- NGU held a sizeable lead in the third frame when a Kenzie Pierce service ace made it 22-12.
- The Braves had no intention of going quietly though, rattling off the next five points to cut the lead to just five.
- The Braves would tack on four more points but NGU got back on track when a pair of kills from McManaway put the game away.
The Good Guys
- Samantha Hebb lead the Crusaders with 11-kills on the night.
- Katie McManaway and Courtney Williamson finished with nine kills each.
- Johna Robbins led the team with 18-digs while Sara Miller led with 35-assists.
The Other Team
- Michelle Voyer led the team with seven kills.
- Cayce Bell finished the night with a team high 110 digs.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will host Columbia College on Tuesday night at 7pm.