Women's Track & Field finishes 6th at Conference Carolinas Championships
Central – North Greenville women’s track and field finished sixth at the Conference Carolinas Championships this weekend, scoring 61 – points as a team.
- Location: Central, South Carolina
- Meet: Conference Carolinas Championships
- Host: Southern Wesleyan University
How it Happened
- Millie Klefsaas defended her pole vault title from indoor season with another Conference Carolinas best, launching herself a height of 3.63 – meters to earn the individual conference title.
- Shekinah Wilder once again had a solid showing at the league championships, finishing third in the long jump while bringing home first place in the women’s triple. Her third-place jump traveled a distance of 5.34 – meters while her triple jump flew her 11.85 – meters to earn her top podium spot.
- Leah Austin, Lilli Haines, Brittany Edwards, and Emily Beisecker finished third as a team in the women’s 4x400 meter team. The ladies crossed the finish line with a time of 4:02.05 to earn their third-place finish.
- Beisecker also finished third individually in the women’s 400 – meter hurdles with a time of 1:04.75.
Other NGU Finishes
- Millie Klefsaas also had a solid showing in the 100 – meter hurdles finishing fourth with a time of 14.97 – seconds.
- Hope Whisman finished 5th in the 5,000 – meter and 10,000 – meter runs with times of 20:11.56 and 43:00.
- Kaleigh Roach turned in a sixth-place finish in the 800 – meter run with a time of 2:29.43.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will run in the Tennessee Challenge on May 5th in Knoxville at the University of Tennessee.