Three first place finishes mark big weekend for women's T&F
Central – Women’s track and field reeled in three first-place finishes and several personal records this weekend at the Susan Rouse Invitational.
- Location: Central, South Carolina
- Meet: Susan Rouse Invitational
- Host: Southern Wesleyan University
How it Happened
- Klefsaas cleared a height of 3.65 – meters to earn herself a first-place finish in the women’s pole vault. Her height also ranks her 14th in Division II.
- Additionally, for the women, Shekinah Wilder added a pair of top finishes in the long and triple jumps. Wilder posted a distance of 4.14 – meters in the long jump and a length of 11.35 – meters in the triple.
- Hope Whisman scored a new personal best in the women’s 5K and it earned her a win in the event with a time of 9:08.84. She finished 20 – seconds ahead of the 2nd place finisher.
- Cori Small also had a personal best in the women’s 5,000 – meter as she crossed in 21:28.95.
- Brittany Edwards set personal records in both the women’s 100 – meter and 200 – meter on Saturday. She finished with a time of 13.57 and finished with a 27.19 in the 200.
- Sarah Scism placed scored an individual record in the triple jump with a length of 10.09 while Emily Beisecker broke the tape in the 200 – meter in 26.23 seconds to set her own record.
- Sarah Flook reached personal bests in the 200 and 800-meter sprints with times of 30.43 and 2:38.95.
- Lilli Haines also was solid in the 400 – meter as she crossed in a time of 100.61 to set herself a new individual record.
- The Crusaders travel to Cullowhee, North Carolina to participate in the Beynon Sports Catamount Classic on April 13th and 14th.