Johnson City, TN – Shekinah Wilder headlined a solid North Greenville showing this weekend for the NGU track and field teams in the final tune-up before the Conference Carolinas Championships.
- Location: East Tennessee State University
- Meet: Buccaneer Invitational
How it Happened
- Shekinah Wilder turned in a career and school best on Saturday in the women’s triple-jump. Wilder leaped an impressive 40-feet which is also the fourth longest jump in Division II this season.
- Dazwon McCormick had a personal best in the high jump with a height of 6-feet 2-inches while Naseem Robinson and Chandler White had personal records in the long jump.
- The track events were headline by NGU’s women’s distance medley relay team of Kaleigh Roach, Tori Davies, Brittany Edwards, and Jadyn Slaughter. The foursome crossed the finish line in 13:07, crushing the school record by 11-seconds.
- Roach and Slaughter also had personal break-throughs in the mile run and 800-meter run. Roach broke her own and school record with a time of 5:31 while Slaughter had a personal best of 2:31.
- Three Crusaders upped their own record in the 60-meter dash including Harold Hilton, Brett Evans, and Adrian McGee while Austin Nobles continues to impress with a new personal best in the 5K.
- Brooks Hovis performed well in a pair of events including the 5K and 800-meter, scoring a pair of personal records. Hovis clocked in at 15:57 in the 5K and 2-minutes in the 800-meter.
- Millie Klefsaas had a personal best in the 60-meter hurdles while Sarah Flook clocked in with her fastest time in the 400-meter run.
- Tevin Richardson and Trey Stewart had their two fastest times as Crusaders in the 800-meter and 200-meter runs. Richardson finished second with a time of 21.72 which was also an NCAA provisional time.
- JJ Sherman finished third in the 60-meter dash with a time of 6.81-seconds.
On the Podium
- Shekinah Wilder – 1st Place Women’s Triple Jump
- JJ Sherman – 3rd Place Men’s 60-Meter Dash
- Tevin Richardson - 2nd Place 200-Meter Dash
From Coach Stober
“Our team performed extremely well this weekend. We ended the indoor regular season on a great note, and hopefully, we can use that confidence going into our conference meet in two weeks. These young men and women have trained hard and have competed in four consecutive weekends. Despite a lot of injuries and sicknesses, we’ve had a tremendous season so far. We are going to enjoy a much needed weekend away from competition, but we have our mind set on conference. I’m excited to see this team compete at our conference meet in two weeks.”
“Special recognition to Shekinah Wilder for setting a career best in the triple jump, and for beating her own school record. Her jump this weekend puts her at 4th in the country for DII.”
Next Time Out
The Crusaders head back to Winston Salem, North Carolina to run in the Conference Carolinas Championships on February 18th.