Personal records headline weekend at Liberty University
Lynchburg, VA—North Greenville track and field runners put on a show once again this weekend, setting several personal records at the Liberty Kickoff.
- Location: Lynchburg, Virginia
- Host: Liberty University
How it Happened
- JJ Sherman finished third in the men’s 60-meter but also had a solid showing in the 200-meter run turning in another personal best. His time of 21.70 also doubled as a school record and an NCAA provisional mark.
- Ben Sessions and Austin Nobles both had a personal best in the men’s 3K with times of 8:55.26 and 9:44.42.
- In the mile run, Brooks Hovis turned in a personal record with a time of 4:29.88 while Jadyn Slaughter turned in her best personal time with a 5:37.95.
- Emily Beisecker broke the school record in the 500-meter with a time of 1:23.01 which is her best time in that event.
- Sarah Scism and Sarah Flook bested their personal times in the women’s 200-meter run, clocking in at 29.65 and 30.67.
North Greenville Personal Records
- Dazwon McCormick – High Jump (1.84-Meters)
- Brittany Edwards – 400-Meter Run (1:01.74)
- Jordan Walters – 400-Meter Run (51.12)
- Trey Stewart – 800-Meter Run (1:59.44)
- Emily Bryant, Tracy Oyugi, and Nikki Holdren scored personal records in the weight throw with distances of 11.63-meters, 11.95-meters, 6.88-meters.
- Adrian McGee jumped a distance of 6.98-meters in the men’s long jump, scoring himself a personal best for the second weekend in a row.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders head back to Tennessee to compete in the Buccaneer Invitational in Johnson City, Tennessee.