Crusaders wrap-up weekend in North Carolina
Winston Salem, N.C. – Week two of the 2018 indoor season is in the books for the Crusaders after competing in the Wake Forest Invitational.
- Location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
- Host: Wake Forest University
How it Happened
- JJ Sherman finished first overall in the men’s 200-meter sprint. Sherman clocked in at 21.79. The time was a new school record and personal best for the sophomore.
- Anatoliy Gamza tied the school record for indoor pole vault, reaching a height of 4.25-meters. It was also a personal best for the first year athlete. Liam Burch also had a personal best in the Pole Vault.
- Tevin Richardson set a new personal best in the 400-meter and finished fourth with a time of 50.50 while Jordan Walters finished 15th in the same race with a time of 52.04, a personal best for him.
- Austin Nobles and Brooks Hovis had personal records in the men’s 3,000-meter run while Ken Drummond claimed a new best in the 60-meter.
- Millie Klefsaas headlined the women’s weekend in Winston Salem in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 9.30. She broke her own school record in the process. Klefsaas also broke her own school record in the pole vault.
- Emily Beisecker set a new record in the 400-meter with a time of 1:02.29.
Sarah Flook was also solid in the women’s 400-meter with a time of 1:10.21, also a new personal record.
On the Podium
- JJ Sherman (1st Place 200-Meter)
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will run in the Liberty Kickoff on January 26th in Lynchburg, Virginia.