Tigerville, SC - The North Greenville women's tennis team began their 2019-20 season with a 7-0 loss to the Anderson Trojans. After giving up the opening point in doubles competition, NGU dropped all six singles matches. Freshman Larissa Berger was a bright spot for the Crusaders. After falling 6-4 in the opening set, Berger came back to win the second set 6-2 to force a tiebreaker. She would drop the tiebreaker 10-6 to ultimately come up short in the match.
1. Anna Greer/Mirna Curcic (ANDERSON) def. Larissa Berger/Nikita Berger (NGU) 6-2
2. Victoria Wuilloud/Hanna Tarlouskaya (ANDERSON) def. Jhovana Brena/Bethany Tankersley (NGU) 4-2
3. Kristen Reynolds/Cameron Blanchard (ANDERSON) def. Ashley Barnett/Natalie Schnackenber (NGU) 6-0
1. Anna Greer (ANDERSON) def. Larissa Berger (NGU) 4-6, 6-2, 10-6
2. Mirna Curcic (ANDERSON) def. Nikita Berger (NGU) 6-2, 6-1
3. Victoria Wuilloud (ANDERSON) def. Jhovana Brena (NGU) 6-0, 6-2
4. Hanna Tarlouskaya (ANDERSON) def. Bethany Tankersley (NGU) 6-1, 6-0
5. Kristen Reynolds (ANDERSON) def. Ashley Barnett (NGU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Hannah Weaver (ANDERSON) def. Natalie Schnackenber (NGU) 6-0, 6-0
NGU will return to action on October 26th to compete in the Bearcat Invitational in Greenwood, SC.