Tigerville, SC - NGU entered the win column in conference play with a 4-3 victory over the Chowan Hawks. After taking the opening doubles point, the Crusaders went on to split the singles competition 3-3. Jhovana Brena, Bethany Tankersley, and Nicole Dalious took singles points.
1. CARRIER, Cynthia (CU-W) def. Gala Castello (NGU) 6-1, 7-5
2. KARBOLINA, Arina (CU-W) def. Fernanda de Lucca (NGU) 6-7 (5-7), 6-4, 1-0 (10-5)
3. Jhovana Brena (NGU) def. LECCE, Julieta (CU-W) 6-0, 0-6, 6-4
4. GOUIN, Angelique (CU-W) def. Lizeth Medina Diaz (NGU) 7-6 (8-6), 1-6, 6-2
5. Bethany Tankersley (NGU) def. REVELLE, Claire (CU-W) 6-0, 6-2
6. Nicole Dalious (NGU) def. No player (CU-W), by walkover
1. CARRIER, Cynthia/KARBOLINA, Arina (CU-W) def. Gala Castello/Jhovana Brena (NGU) 6-4
2. Fernanda de Lucca/Lizeth Medina Diaz (NGU) def. LECCE, Julieta/GOUIN, Angelique (CU-W) 6-4
3. Bethany Tankersley/Nicole Dalious (NGU) def. REVELLE, Claire/No player (CU-W), by walkover
The Crusaders will return to Vance Tennis Complex tomorrow to take on the Barton Bulldogs.