NGU Starts Strong With 2-0 Defeat of Bob Jones
Tigerville, S.C. – NGU women’s soccer defeated Bob Jones University 2-0 in their first scrimmage of the 2018 season.
- Score: NGU – 2 Bob Jones – 0
- Location:Greenville, South Carolina
How it happened
- NGU started slow for the first 10-15 minutes of the game but rebounded moving forward and applying pressure on Bob Jone's back line and getting numerous quality looks on goal.
- Junior Arianna Perry was the first to find the back of the net in the 29th minute of the game with the assist coming from fellow Junior Karly Denaburg.
- The Crusaders continued to find their groove having much of the possession in the game.
- In the 40th minute redshirt freshman Mary Courtney "MC" Puryear slotted the ball past the Bruins keeper for the Crusaders second goal of the night. Freshman Vicotria Valentine had the assist.
- NGU ended the match with 15 shots on goal.
The Good Guys
- Freshman Joelle Chick, Mackenzie Neff, Victoria Valentine, Sarah Hazelwood and Alyssa Mendez showed well in their first ever college match.
- The starting back line of Michaela Gleed, Asheton Robinson, Joelle Chick and Jaimie Shutt backed by Goalkeepers Annie Miller and Bri Rowe posted thier first shutout and put together a solid performance.
Next time out
- Monday August 20th, the Crusaders take on Furman University at Euguene Stone Stadium in Greenville, SC at 7pm.