Tigerville – North Greenville bounced Chowan from the Conference Carolinas Championship on Wednesday, advancing to the league semifinals for the second consecutive season.
- Score: Crusaders – 13 / Chowan – 4
- Records: North Greenville 13 – 5 / Chowan 8 – 9
- Location: Pepsi Stadium (North Greenville University)
How it Happened
- The Hawks scored twice in the early moments of the first half one from Tashana Barnett and another from Heather Orell to take a 2 – 0.
- The Crusaders went almost 10 – minutes without a goal but Hanna Hawkins put North Greenville on the scoreboard while Emily Colson scored to tie it up with 23:31 left.
- Hawkins’ goal sparked an NGU rally which included 10 – unanswered scores, a span which lasted well into the second half.
- The Hawks added their third of the game in the 21:36 left in the game when Alexandra Hammonds took a Heather Orell pass and made it 10 – 3.
- Back-to-back goals for Chowan made it 10 – 4, taking advantage of a seven-minute scoreless streak from NGU.
- Rachel Kellogg added broke the seven-minute shutout with 15:08 left in the game to make it 11 – 4. Kellogg added another score five minutes later to extend the lead to eight.
- The final goal of the game would be a special one for the Crusaders. Rachel Kellogg tacked on her sixth goal of the day to make it 13 – 4. The score was also her 100th career score and 64th of the 2018 season.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Kellogg finished with a game-high, six goals on 11 total shots.
- Hanna Hawkins and Emily Colson both added two scores.
- Defensively, Jillian Cheisa finished with a team-high four groundballs while Colson added three While Candace Petit had three caused turnovers.
- Sydney Taylor led North Greenville with 10 saves in the net and improved to 13 – 5 as the starter.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders advance to semifinals for the second consecutive season and will host #1 Limestone College on Saturday in Tigerville.