Offensive struggles cost NGU in loss to Mount Olive
Mount Olive – North Greenville faced a tough road test on Saturday to wrap up the 2018 regular season, falling to second place Mount Olive.
- Score: Crusaders – 2 / Trojans – 16
- Records: North Greenville 12 – 5 (7 – 3) / Mount Olive 13 – 4 (9 – 1)
- Location: Ray McDonald Complex (Mount Olive, North Carolina)
How it Happened
- NGU was able to provide little on the offensive end of the field on Saturday. Hanna Hawkins scored NGU’s only first-half goal with 20:10 left on the clock, answering a 5 – 0 run from Mount Olive.
- The Trojans would go on to score four more goals in the first period to take a 9 – 1 lead into intermission.
- UMO kept NGU scoreless for a majority of the second period. The Trojans tacked on seven unanswered scores after halftime to take a 16 – 1 edge.
- Hanna Hawkins added North Greenville’s only other goal with six seconds left in the game which made the score 16 – 2.
- Mount Olive fired 43 total shots on Saturday including 32 shots on goal compared to just five for the Crusaders.
- Defensively, the Trojans kept NGU from getting much going on the offensive half of the pitch, causing 14 – turnovers.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Hanna Hawkins scored NGU’s only two goals on Saturday to go along with two grounders and a caused turnover.
- Sydney Taylor led the team with eight grounders to go along with 16 saves in a busy day in the net.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders earned the fourth seed in the Conference Carolinas tournament and the chance to host a quarterfinals game on Wednesday night against Chowan at 6 pm.