Crusaders take down Barton in march toward post season
Wilson – North Greenville women's lacrosse inched closer to the postseason with a double-digit win over Barton College on Friday night.
- Score: Crusaders – 15 / Bulldogs – 3
- Records: North Greenville 12 – 4 (7 – 2) / Barton 5 – 8 (3 – 6)
- Location: Barton College (Wilson, North Carolina)
How it Happened
- Barton jumped out to a 2 – 0 lead but North Greenville stormed back with six unanswered scores to take a 6 – 2 edge.
- Rachel Kellogg scored three goals in a row to help NGU gain the edge herself while Hanna Hawkins added a pair to increase the lead to three scores.
- Beth Farrell followed up Hawkins with a score to make it 6 – 2 with 6:31 left in the first half.
- The Bulldogs cut the lead in half with 33 – seconds left in the first when Jenna Brunclik scored to make it 6 – 3.
- The second half would be all NGU. Kellogg opened the final half with a goal less than 30 – seconds in while Hanna Hawkins quickly stacked on NGU’s ninth score of the day to make it 9 – 3.
- Kellogg and Hawkins both added one more score in the final minutes of play while Jenny Owens and Beth Farrell also scored to give NGU a 13 – 3 lead.
- Emily Colson also got in on the action tacking on NGU’s final goal with 6:21 left in the game.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Rachel Kellogg led the Crusaders with six goals on 10 – shots on frame while Hawkins added five goals.
- Jillian Cheisa added three groundballs along with Kellogg on the defensive side of things.
- Sydney Taylor finished with eight saves and improved to 12 – 4 as a starter.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders wrap up the regular season with a 3 PM faceoff against Mount Olive on Saturday afternoon.