Mars Hill – Jillian Chiesa's season high in goals helped lift north Greenville past Mars Hill on Wednesday night in non-conference women’s Lacrosse.
- Score: Crusaders – 14 / Lions – 11
- Records: North Greenville 11 – 4 / Mars Hill 2 – 10
- Location: Meares Stadium (Mars Hill University)
How it Happened
- North Greenville drew first blood but Mars Hill took an early 3 – 2 lead just over 10 – minutes into the game.
- Beth Farrell evened it up at 3 – 3 at 19:06 in the first while Aly Estes gave NGU the lead for good with a goal at 17:45 which made it 4 – 3.
- North Greenville took a two-goal lead on Chiesa's second score of the game that made it 5 – 3.
- Mars Hill kept it close though, answered with a goal two minutes later but the Crusaders scored a pair with Kellogg and Estes making it 7 – 4.
- The Lions continued battling and answered when North Greenville made a run.
- The Crusaders extended their lead to multiple goals several times in the contest only to see the Lions answer and cut the deficit to just one.
- NGU finally gained full control of the game midway through the second half after the Lions cut a two-goal lead to just one, answering a Monica Colwell goal that made it 11 – 9 at that point.
- Taylor Kennington’s score was the first of back-to-back goals with Kellogg following that earned NGU a 13 – 10 lead.
- Mars Hill got one more goal when Olivia Hokanson scored to make it 13 – 11 but Hanna Hawkins scored with 3:45 left in the game to put the finishing touches on the non-conference win.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Chiesa led North Greenville with four goals on the night, a season-high for her. She also led the Crusaders with four groundballs.
- Rachel Kellogg finished with three goals for the Crusaders while Aly Estes added a pair of scores.
- Sydney Taylor also finished with four grounders in the net and had six saves.
Beyond the Box Score
- Wednesday night's win over the Lions marked the 11th win of the season for the Crusaders, the most in program history. The previous high of 10 was set just last season.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders head to Wilson, North Carolina to take on Barton College at 7 pm on April 20th.