Senior Night victory as NGU hammers Emmanuel
Tigerville – Women’s lacrosse celebrated its three seniors on Friday night with a double-digit win over Emmanuel College.
- Score: Crusaders – 17 / Lions – 7
- Records: North Greenville 10 – 4 (6 – 2) / Emmanuel 6 – 7 (3 – 3)
- Location: North Greenville University (Pepsi Stadium)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders set the tone early with a 4 – 0 lead led by a pair of goals from Rachel Kellogg.
- Taylor Kennington added a fifth score but the Lions inched back and cut NGU’s lead to two goals with a goal from Lara Russell with 9:36 left.
- North Greenville answered right back, scoring eight consecutive goals with no response from the Lions.
- Hanna Hawkins sparked the rally with back-to-back scores while Kellogg added a third and Kennington scored her second of the game. Jenny Owens also scored to help North Greenville to a 13 – 3 edge.
- The two teams would trade goals as the Lions tried to keep pace with an aggressive NGU offense. Hanna Hernandez made it 13 – 4 with a goal for the Lions but Jillian Cheisa responded with a score to extend NGU’s lead to 10 – goals.
- Senior Monica Colwell would add her second of the while Jenny Owens would score her second to help cap the conference win.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Kellogg and Hawkins led the charge for North Greenville with three goals each. Kellogg also had three groundballs and three caused turnovers.
- Jenny Owens was one of five players to score twice on Friday night. It was also Owen’s first collegiate showing with multiple scores.
- Colwell, Cheisa, Kennington, and Napoli also scored twice.
- Defensively Cheisa was a force with a game-high six caused turnovers and six groundballs.
- Sydney Taylor improved to 10 – 4 as the starter in net. She had nine saves on the night.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will finish out the regular season with three straight road trips starting with Mars Hill University of April 11th at 7 pm.