Tigerville, S.C. – Hanna Hawkins cemented herself in the North Greenville record books on Saturday as North Greenville cruised to a double-digit win over Chowan on Saturday afternoon.
- Score: Crusaders – 14 / Hawks – 2
- Records: North Greenville 8 – 4 (4 – 2) / Chowan 4 – 8 (3 – 4)
- Location: North Greenville University (Tigerville, South Carolina)
How it Happened
- Chowan nabbed the early lead whine Tashana Barnett made it 1 – 0 just under four minutes into the game.
- A Jillian Cheisa score sandwiched between a pair of Rachel Kellogg scores made it 3 – 1 with 17:42 left.
- Beth Farrell tacked on another one a minute later to extend the lead to 4 – 1.
- The Hawks added their second goal of the game around the 8:50 mark when Jasmine Latney took a pass from Heather Orell to cut North Greenville’s lead in half.
- The Crusaders responded with four unanswered goals to end the half. Kellogg tacked on another score while Hanna Hawkins added a pair. Cheisa added one more to put NGU up 8 – 2 at intermission.
- NGU’s defense locked down in the second half, backing up goalie Sydney Taylor to hold the Hawks scoreless.
- Jillian Cheisa made it 9 – 2 with a score five minutes in to put NGU ahead comfortable.
- Hanna Hawkins took over the next six minutes of the game, scoring three consecutive times including one with an assist from Jenny Owens.
- Hawkins’ three scores extended the lead to 12 – 2 with 18:33 left on the clock.
- Rachel Kellogg and Monica Colwell tacked on two more one-timers at the end of the game to finish off the Hawks.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Hanna Hawkins led the Crusaders with five goals on Saturday on five total shots. She also forced two turnovers and had a pair of ground balls.
- Rachel Kellogg finished with four goals and two grounders while Jillian Cheisa finished with three goals and was tied for a team-high with four groundballs.
- Aly Estes also had four ground balls on defense while five players had a pair of caused turnovers including Monica Colwell and Candace Petit.
- Sydney Long improved to 8 – 4 as a starter and collected 11 – saves during the win.
- Offensive the Crusaders finished with 22 shots on goal and 34 shots in total.
Hakins In The Record Books
- Hanna Hawkins became the first player in North Greenville history to score her 100th goal. The score came in the second half of Saturday’s game and makes her the career leader.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders host first-year program Southern Wesleyan University on April 4th at 4 pm.