North Greenville taken down by Belmont Abbey
Belmont, N.C. – North Greenville women’s Lacrosse dropped a road conference match to Belmont Abbey College on Monday evening 17 – 9.
- Score: Crusaders – 9 / BAC Crusaders – 17
- Records: North Greenville 6 – 4 (2 – 2) / Belmont Abbey 7 – 2 (3 – 0)
- Location: Belmont, North Carolina (Alumni Field)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders found themselves down early with Belmont Abbey scoring five unanswered goals less than 10-minutes into the game.
- Hanna Hawkins got North Greenville on the board with a goal at the 19:40 mark to make it 5 – 1.
- BAC tacked on a sixth goal before Brenis Napoli scored NGU’s second goal to cut the deficit to four goals.
- Belmont Kept pressuring The Crusaders, eventually stretching the lead to 9 – 2 with 13:16 left in the half.
- North Greenville tacked on one goal from Jillian Cheisa to make it 11 – 3 at the end of the first period.
- The Crusaders got a pair of back-to-back scores fro Monica Colwell in the second half to answer a pair of goals from Belmont Abbey.
- NGU got another pair of scores from Hawkins while Cheisa and Emily Colson also got in on the action.
- Belmont Abbey added four more goals in the final 11:02 to down North Greenville.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Hanna Hawkins led North Greenville with three goals.
- Cheisa finished with a pair of goals and five groundballs on defense with a team-high three caused turnovers.
- Colwell also finished with a pair of goals while Colson added one score.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders welcome Lees-McRae College to Tigerville on March 28th at 7 pm.