West Palm Beach, FL - The North Greenville Crusaders were victorious over the Sailfish of Palm Beach Atlantic with a final score of 14-8. It was a tale of two halves as 17 total goals were scored in the 1st and just 5 were scored in the 2nd. Rachel Kellogg led NGU with four goals.
- Score: North Greenville – 14 / Palm Beach Atlantic – 8
- Records: NGU 6-2 / PBA 1-6
- Location: West Palm Beach, Florida (Rinker Athletic Campus)
How it Happened
- The first fifteen minutes of the match went back and forth, with the score being tied 4-4 with 13:48 remaining in the 1st half. Two of NGU's first four goals were scored by Jillian Cheisa.
- North Greenville would then score the next six goals to lead 10-4 with 6:35 left in the half. Rachel Kellogg scored three of the goals.
- Palm Beach Atlantic responded with two goals, but Kellogg quickly struck again with the final goal of the half to give the Crusaders an 11-6 lead going into halftime.
- After nearly ten scoreless minutes to begin the second half, Emily Colson scored her second goal of the game.
- The Sailfish scored their first goal of the second half with 16:26 remaining.
- Hanna Hawkins would score two consecutive goals to give North Greenville a 14-7 lead.
- One more goal by PBA would bring what would become the final score to 14-8 in favor of the Crusaders.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Rachel Kellogg had quite a day with 4 goals and 3 assists.
- also had a productive day with 3 goals.
- Hanna Hawkins scored 3 goals including North Greenville's final 2 goals of the match.
- Sydney Taylor allowed 8 goals while recording 7 saves.
Inside the Palm Beach Atlantic Box Score
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will play their second-straight match in Florida, taking on the Tampa Spartans on Saturday at noon.