Tigerville, S.C. – North Greenville women’s lacrosse took down Ohio Valley University 16 – 1 on Monday afternoon, the largest margin of victory for the Crusaders this season.
- Score: NGU – 16 / OVU – 1
- Records: North Greenville 5 – 2 / Ohio Valley 1 – 2
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina (Pepsi Stadium)
How it Happened
- Aly Estes scored the first goal of the game less than six minutes in to give North Greenville a 1 – 0 lead.
- Hanna Hawkins and Jillian Cheisa would add NGU’s second and third scores of the game to make it 3 – 0 with 23:49 left in the first half.
- The Scotts would score their first and only goal of the game with 19:42 on the clock when Kayla Stewart found the back of the net with the help of Emily Prentice.
- NGU’s defense clamped down on the OVU offense for the rest of the game, allowing just six shots in the final 49-minutes of regulation.
- Hanna Hawkins answered the only goal for OVU with three consecutive scores, all with assists from Taylor Kennington.
- Aly Estes would tack on three more scores in the first half while Rachel Kellogg also found the net once to give the Crusaders an 11 – 1 lead at intermission.
- The Crusaders opened the second half with three goals from Emily Colson which made it 14 – 1 with 7:59 left.
- Beth Farrell and Taylor Kennington would also tack on goals before the end of regulation to earn NGU the 15-point victory.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Estes and Hawkins would lead all players with four goals each. Estes added a pair of assists while Hawkins added one helper.
- The Crusaders caused 16 OVU turnovers with a trio of players including Emily Colson who had three caused turnovers and five ground balls.
- Jillian Cheisa and Kellogg also had five groundballs apiece.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders hit the road to take on Palm Beach Atlantic on Wednesday afternoon at 7 pm in West Palm Beach, Florida.