Spartanburg, S.C. - Women's Lacrosse improved its Conference Carolinas record by one on Saturday downing Converse College 11 - 3 on the road in Spartanburg.
- Score: NGU - 11 / Converse - 3
- Records: North Greenville 4 - 2 (2 - 1) / Converse 1 - 5 (0 - 3)
- Location: Converse College (Fulp Field)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders scored the first two of the game when Hanna Hawkins and Rachel Kellogg scored eight minutes apart.
- The Valkyries answered with their first goal of the game when Brittni Jones scored with 17:27 left on the first half clock.
- North Greenville finished the half on a 4 - 1 run to take a 6 - 2 lead into intermission. Four different players scored the Crusaders including Emily Colson and Taylor Kennington.
- Brittni Jones scored her third of the game five minutes into the second half to cut North Greenville's advantage down to just three goals.
- North Greenville answered with another big run led by Rachel Kellogg. Kellogg tacked on three goals in the final 23-minutes of the half.
- Taylor Kennington added her second goal of the game to make it 8 - 3 while Hanna Hawkins tacked on another as well to make it 10 - 3.
- Kellogg's third would make it 11 - 3 with just 4:29 left in the game. The Crusaders would hold on defensively to earn the league win.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Kellogg lead all players with five goals on the day to go along with one assist.
- Hanna Hawkins and Taylor Kennington both had two goals.
- Three players had three groundballs for the Crusaders while Kellogg led the Crusaders with two caused turnovers.
- Sydney Taylor earned her fourth win of the season, collecting five saves in 60-minutes of work.
Inside the Converse Box Score
- Brittni Jones led the Valkyries with all three of the team's goals.
- The Crusaders will host Ohio Valley University at 3:30 pm on Monday, March 5th in Pepsi Stadium.