Greeneville, TN - A late North Greenville comeback fell short on Saturday afternoon as Tusculum College earned a 13-12 victory over the visiting Crusaders.
- Score: NGU - 12 / TC - 13
- Records: NGU 3 - 2 / Tusculum 2 - 1
- Location: Pioneer Field (Tusculum College)
How it Happened
- North Greenville took an early 1-0 lead on Jillian Chiesa's score with an assist from Rachel Kellogg.
- The Pioneers answered with three consecutive scores to take a 3-1 edge.
- North Greenville evened it up at 3-3 with goals from Rachel Kellogg and Emily Colson.
- Kellogg would tack on one more score in the first half but the Pioneers earned a 7-4 edge before the half.
- The Crusaders trailed 13-9 late in the second half after Kaitlyn Yenson's second score of the game.
- North Greenville then got a pair of goals from Kellogg and a score from Monica Colwell to make it 13-12 with just over three minutes left.
- North Greenville tried late in the game to even the score with a shot from Taylor Kennington but were unable to capitalize as the Pioneers were able to escape with the win.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Rachel Kellogg finished the day with five goals to lead all players. Hanna Hawkins finished with a pair of goals along with Yenson.
- Monica Colwell led the team with three caused turnovers and three groundballs along with Christy Beaman who also had three.
- Sydney Taylor had 17-saves on 30 Tusculum shots on frame.
Inside the Tusculum Box Score
- The Pioneers were led by Juliette Cusano who had three goals. Rachel Holmes and Emily Gleason also finished with three goals for the Pioneers.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will travel to Converse College on March 3rd for a 1 pm first pitch.