Tigerville, S.C. – North Greenville women's lacrosse rode a career night from Kellogg to an 18 - 8 win over Erskine Colege on Wednesday to start Conference Carolinas play with a win.
- Score: NGU – 18 / Erskine – 8
- Records: North Greenville 2 – 1 (1 – 0) / Erskine 0 – 2 (0 – 1)
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina (Pepsi Stadium)
How It Happened
- Erskine led 2-0 early on but North Greenville pulled even with goals from Rachel Kellogg and Hanna Hawkins.
- Goals were traded to make it 4 – 4 before North Greenville took its first lead of the game when Kellogg scored back-to-back times to create a two point edge for the Crusaders.
- Kellogg packed in two more scores in the first period to make it 8 – 5 at intermission.
- Erskine led off the second half with a goal to cut into North Greenville’s three-goal advantage.
- The Crusaders answered with seven unanswered points including Jenny Owen’s first career score to take a commanding 15 – 6 lead.
- Kellogg and Hawkins also scored twice during the North Greenville run.
- Rachel Kellogg would add one more goal to make her case for player of the week while Brenis Napoli and Taylor Kennington also added a score.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Rachel Kellogg finished the night with eight of North Greenville’s 18-goals on Wednesday night with 11-shots on frame. Her eight scores were a new career high for the sophomore.
- Hanna Hawkins finished the game with four scores.
- Sydney Taylor added four saves in the net and improved to 2-1 on the season as the starting goalie.
- Monica Colwell led North Greenville with four caused turnovers and tied with Taylor with a team high six ground balls.
Inside the Erskine Box Score
- Erin Landry scored three goals to lead the Fleet offense while Maddie Drawdy and Breanna Seawell added two goals each.
- Sara Castro finished with four saves and took the loss as the in net starter.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will host Newberry College on February 21st at 6 pm.