Gaffney, S.C. - North Greenville suffered its first loss of the season on Wednesday when it fell to the 13th ranked Limestone Saints 19-2.
- Score: NGU - 2 / Limestone - 19
- Records: NGU 1 - 1 (0 - 1) / Limestone 1 - 0 (1 - 0)
- Location: Limestone College (Saints Field)
How it Happened
- Goals were hard to come by for the Crusaders on Wednesday evening against a tough Limestone Defense. The Crusaders turned the ball over 28-times and mustered just four shots on goal.
- The Saints jumped out to a 5-goal lead in the first period, the fifth coming with 24-minutes left on the opening clock.
- Jillian Cheisa scored her first of the season at the 24:15 mark, taking a pass from Beth Farrell to cut the deficit to four goals.
- North Greenville would get one more score in the first period on a shot from Hanna Hawkins (assist by Brenis Napoli) to make it 9-2 but the nationally ranked Saints proved too strong in the end.
- The Saints scored three more in the first period to take a 12-2 lead into intermission. Limestone added seven more scores in the second half to down the Crusaders in the first Conference Carolinas game of the season.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Hanna Hawkins and Jillian Cheisa had the only goals for North Greenville.
- Brenis Napoli and Beth Farrell had assists for the Crusaders.
- Sydney Taylor took the loss in net for North Greenville but collected 10-saves in the process in 55-minutes of work.
Inside the Limestone Box Score
- Courtney Lafler and Caitlyn Nemeth led all scorers with four goals on the night.
- Kendra Sheppard and Britannie Ouimet finished with three.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders host Erskine College on Valentine's day at 6 PM at Pepsi Stadium.