Tigerville, S.C. - North Greenville opened the 2018 season with a 10-4 win over Oklahoma Baptist in the first collegiate lacrosse game of the season.
- Score: NGU - 10 / OBU - 4
- Records: NGU 1 - 0 / OBU 0 - 1
- Location: Tigerville, S.C. (Pepsi Stadium)
How it Happened
- Rachel Kellogg scored the first goal of the season four minutes into the game to put the Crusaders up 1-0.
- The Crusaders tacked on six more scores in the first half including two more from Kellogg and one from Taylor Kennington in her first action since 2016.
- Baptist tacked on one score at the 8:22-mark but the Crusaders finished the half with two unanswered to lead 7-1 at intermission.
- Kellogg's fourth of the day made it 8-1 in favor of the Crusaders while a second from Kennington extended the advantage to eight points.
- The Bison scored the next two to cut NGU's advantage to just six. Kennington's third goal of the day capped the NGU scoring. The Bison tacked on one more goal before the clock expired.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Rachel Kellogg finished with four goals to lead all scorers. She also tacked on five groundballs and a trio of caused turnovers.
- Taylor Kennington finished the night with three scores and an assist. Emily Colson, Brenis Napoli, and Hanna Hawkins also had scored.
- Defensively Sydney Taylor led the way with five caused turnovers and seven groundballs to lead all players. Taylor also finished with seven saves to earn her first win in the net.
Inside the Oklahoma Baptist Box Score
- Savannah Thompkins was one of four players with one goal for the Bison. Thompkins also finished with three ground balls and a pair of caused turnovers.
- Taylor Skomp and Katie Kuehn also had a goal for the Bison.
- Courtney Barnickle finished with 10-saves in the net.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders take the short trip down I-85 to take on Limestone College at 4 pm on February 7th.