Tigerville, S.C. – North Greenville women’s golf scored its first tournament win in six seasons on Tuesday with a first-place showing at the Cherokee Valley Women’s Invitational.
- Finish: 1st out of 10 teams
- Location: Cherokee Valley Country Club (Tigerville, South Carolina)
- Host: North Greenville University
- Team Score: 331 / 327 (658)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders finished day one of the tournament one strokes behind leader Converse College which shot a 330 in the opening 18.
- North Greenville shaved off four strokes in round two to earn the win by a pair of shots in front of Conference Carolinas foe Belmont Abbey.
- Savannah Hallman and Ashlyn Mullis paced the Crusaders during the 36-hole event, both shooting a two-day total of 163.
- Hallman shot an 83 in the opening round but rebounded on day two to put up an 80, cutting off three strokes.
- Ashlyn Mullis put together a pair of consistent rounds, shooting an 82 on day one and finishing up with an 81.
- Morgan Reece posted a top 20 finish for NGU as she placed 15th with a total of 166. Reece shot an 82 and an 84 in her two days on the course.
- Allison Avery was NGU’s biggest mover during the tournament, improving on her day one total by four shots. Avery shot an 86 in the opening round but bounced back to shoot an 82 on Tuesday.
- Miriam Sundell rounded out NGU’s scores with a 170 and finish in the top-20 (21st). Sundell carded an 84 and an 86 in her two days on the course.
- Megan Miller finished atop NGU’s second team with a 174 and a 28th place finish while Lauren Harkins shot a 176 and placed 33rd.
Top Team Finishes (Complete Team Results)
- North Greenville (+82)
- Belmont Abbey (+84)
- Coker College (+91)
Tennessee Wesleyan (+91)
Converse College (+91)
Top Individual Finishers (Complete Individual Results)
- (+9) Claire Page – Southern Wesleyan
- (+12) Tyler Dawson – Converse College
- (+15) Angela Luna – Coker College
- (+16) Megan Gaylor – Milligan College
- (+17) Sydney Turner – Barton College
(+17) Ryann McCuistion – Tennessee Wesleyan
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will take a couple weeks off to tune up for their next outing, the Conference Carolinas Championships at Cutter Creek Country Club on April 14th.