Salisbury, N.C. – North Greenville women’s golf posted a 12th place finish at the Patsy Rendleman Invitational this week to wrap up the fall portion of its schedule.
- Finish: 12th / 16
- Location: Country Club of Salisbury (Salisbury, North Carolina)
- Team Score: (Two Day) 322 / 318 (640)
How it Happened
- Savannah Hallman led the Crusaders for the third straight tournament and finished 10th overall. She shot a 70 and a 78 for a two-day total of 148.
- Allison Avery was next up for the Crusaders with a finish of 35th. Avery carded a 78 on both days for a two-day total of 156.
- Morgan Reese finished third on the team and 64th overall with a 165 total while Miriam Sundell shot an 89 on day one but shaved off five strokes to shoot an 84 for a total of 173. Reese showed the biggest improvement from round to round, cutting nine strokes on day two.
- Ashlynn Mullis rounded out the North Greenville scores with a two-day total of 177.
Outside the Box Score
- Savannah Hallman, a transfer from Charleston Southern has led NGU during the fall with three top-10 finishes with a career best of five.
- Hallman also set the school record for a single round total. Her first round score of 70 was the first under-par score for an NGU women's golfer.
- For the third consecutive tournament, Hallman and Allison Avery have finished one, two for North Greenville.
- The Crusaders also set a team record with a total score...And broke it on day two. The first round total of 322 was a new school record set on Monday. NGU then bested the new record with a 318 on day two.
- The teamn's two-round total of 640 is also a school record.
Top Five Teams
- Limestone College
- Anderson University
- North Georgia
Top Five Individuals
- Megan Sabol (North Georgia)
- Abbey Hartsell (Lenoir-Rhyne)
- Chelsea Mansell (Lenoir-Rhyne) / Candler Kimsey (Candler Kimsey)
- Kaley Barts (Catawba College)
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will return to the Links in February at the Converse Spring Invitational on the 9th.