Hallman earns second top five finish; NGU place sixth at King Invite
Bristol, TN—Savannah Hallman posted a fifth-place finish to pace North Greenville as the Crusaders finished sixth place at the King University Women’s Invitational.
- Finish: 6th/8
- Location: Bristol Country Club (Bristol, Tennessee)
- Team Score: (Two Day) 334 / 334 (668)
How it Happened
- Hallman carded the team’s top score for the second week in a row, shooting a 73 and an 80 for a two-day total of 153. Her fifth-place finish was the only top-10 qualifier for NGU.
- Allison Avery was next up for the Crusaders, finishing 26th with a total of 167. Avery carded an 84 on Monday and wrapped up the tournament with a one-stroke improvement, shooting an 83 through 18 on Tuesday.
- Ashlynn Mullis and Miriam Sundell finished back-to-back, taking the 31st and 32nd spots in the line-up. Mullis showed the most improvement from round one to round two, shaving off seven strokes from her round one 89 to shoot an 82. Sundell finished with scores of 88 and 89.
- Morgan Reece finished the tournament in 35th, shooting a 91 in both rounds for a tournament total 182.
Top Five Teams
- Converse College
- King University
- Erskine College
- Newberry College
- Elizabeth England of Carson-Newman brought home the tournament title with a tournament total 146. England shot a 72 and a 74 in rounds one and two.
- Nicola Robertson of King was the tournament’s second-best finisher, carding a tournament total of 149 (72 / 77).
- Megan Holbrooks of Pfeiffer and Samantha Taylor of King brought home the third and fourth finishes for the week with scores of 151 and 152.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will play in the annual Pats Rendleman Invitational on October 9th in Salisbury, N.C.