Wingate, N.C. – North Greenville women's cross country earned a 15th place at the NCAA Division II regionals on Saturday afternoon to conclude the 2017 season.
- Finish: 15th / 23
- Location: Wingate, North Carolina
- Host: Wingate University
How it Happened
- Tori Davies finished with a time of 25:04.08 to pace the Crusaders. Davies’ finish of 69th was the top placing for NGU on the day.
- Hailey Willingham finished four seconds behind Davies with a time of 25:08.98, earning herself a finish of 72nd.
- Hope Whisman finished with a time of 25:23.17 for the Crusaders while Jadyn Slaughter finished in 25:37.28.
- Nayeley Valenciano clocked in with a time of 26:38.92.
- Cori Small rounded out the North Greenville runners on Saturday with a time of 28:11.58.
- The Crusaders finished the day second amongst participating Conference Carolinas teams.
Top Team Finishers
- Mount Olive
- North Georgia
From Coach Stober
“We ended our season on a good note today. It's been a unique season. We went into our summer training with 11 women on the team. By the time our first race rolled around we only had eight. Two of which were injured the entire season...including one of our top runners. We ran every race this season with just five or six women. These ladies have been training consistently for over five months now. To do what we did with the numbers we had this season says a lot about our team. I'm thankful for this group of young women. They have made this season a memorable one for NGU XC."