Concord, N.C. – The women’s cross country team wrapped up the fall on Friday night with a 4th place finish at the Conference Carolinas Championships.
- Finish: 4rd / 10
- Location: Concord, North Carolina
- Host: Conference Carolinas
How it Happened
- Hailey Willingham turned in the best finish for the Crusaders. Her time of 24:43.3 placed her in 14th.
- Hope Whisman was the only other top-20 finisher for North Greenville with a finishing place of 18th. Whisman turned in a time of 24:18.0.
- Victoria Davies was next for NGU with a time of 25:31.1 and a 22nd place finish.
- Jadyn Slaughter and Cori Small finished 34th and 36th for North Greenville with times of 26:44.9 and 26:55.4.
- Nayeley Valenciano turned in a 39th place finish for the Crusaders with a time of 27:22.7.
- Hailey Willingham
Quote From The Coach
"Our women ran hard today. We just didn't finish where we wanted to. Today might be a little disappointing, but we will move forward. Our season isn't over yet. We've still got regionals in two weeks. That's an opportunity for us to compete against the best DII teams in the Southeast. We will look to finish our season on a positive note with a good performance at the region meet."
"Regardless of today's race, these women have trained hard for a long time. They've put in more miles and more work than we ever have as a women's team. Not to mention they've come through a lot of adversity this season. They too have done their part in changing the culture of this program and setting our future teams up for success."
Team Finish Order
- Mount Olive
- Belmont Abbey
- Southern Wesleyan
- North Greenville