Greenville, S.C. – North Greenville wrapped up the 2017 regular season on Saturday with a fifth place finish at the Gene Mullin XC Invite. The fifth place finish was among schools from all divisions. The Crusaders finished third out of seven Division II schools.
- Finish: 5th of 9 (3rd of 7 Division II teams)
- Location: Greenville, South Carolina
- Host: Furman University
How it Happened
- Victoria Davies capped off a stellar regular season slate with an 18th place finish. Davies cruised to a time of 20:47.07 to pace the North Greenville squad.
- Also clocking in, in the top-20 for North Greenville was Hailey Willingham. The senior rounded out the first 20 finishers with a time of 20:52.15.
- Hope Whisman was NGU’s third best finisher with a time of 21:22.47. Whisman finished the weekend in the 30th spot out of 57 total runners.
- Nayeley Valenciano capped the regular season with a time of 21:45.78 and a 34th place finish while Jadyn Slaughter was a spot behind with a time of 21:54.91.
- Cori Small rounded out the NGU finishers with a time of 22:26.07 and a 37th place finish.
From Coach Stober
- “Today definitely wasn't our best performance as a team. If anything, it was a bit of a wake up call for us as we look to conference in two weeks. We will use this as motivation moving forward, and we will be ready when it matters the most. These men and women have had an excellent season. We can't allow this one race to effect us more than simply using it as fuel moving forward. We've got two weeks to prepare for our biggest race of the season...conference. That has been and will continue to be our focus over the next two weeks. We will be ready.”
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will look to keep their season alive with a trip to the NCAA regionals on the line as they gear up to take on the Conference Carolinas Championships on October 20th in Concord, North Carolina.